Sunday, January 26, 2014

Change could be exciting, but it brings pain as well

We have all heard of the quote over and again, “The Only Thing That Is Constant in Life Is Change”. Each and everybody of us go through change almost every day. But the everyday changes are not that significant to affect us or obvious to notice. Then there are events in life that bring significant changes like new job, marriage, kids, divorce and relocating to new place etc.

These significant changes could be very exciting but not to forget could be laced with pain as well. No pain, no gain.

Each change brings anxiety, uneasiness and awkwardness with it. Why all these things happen with change?
Because change brings fear with it; the fear that could eat you, fear that could kill you and your relationships slowly and steadily. The worst part when fear dwells in even before we get into the change. If we learn to cope up with that fear, the same change could bring the success, happiness and more fun.
So how do we cope up with the fear of change?

I feel there is no one formula to cope up with fear of change. Every person has its own way to handle it. Here is my way:
  1. Make peace with the change instead of fighting with it. Believe me this is not easy to do, sometimes it happens faster than other times, but works wonders once peace is attained.
  2. Breathe through the fear. When I say it, I literally mean it. When under fear, I say my prayers to distract my mind from it and it works.
  3. Find the attitude booster. Think about the changes you have gone through in the past and the positive outcomes that you achieved from it.
In spite of finding and following your formula, you might still go through fear episodes, but the frequency and severity will definitely be less and the phase shall pass faster.
So poke that naughty fear aside and embrace the change. Then you will find change exciting and not painful anymore.

2 comments:

  1. Well written about how to handle change... A quote to follow
    I change for a change and I dont change for that change

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ketan. I like the quote, well said, I don't change for that change

    ReplyDelete