Sunday, February 9, 2014

Magic Hug


Yesterday morning, my 5 year old woke up with a sad face and expressed, “Mommy, I feel so nervous”.
“Why, Shona”, I asked in baby voice.
“I don’t know mommy”, he said.
Instantly, I picked him up in my lap and said, “You know what, mommy knows how to make you feel better.”

I took him in my lap. I hugged and cuddled him very tight, as if, to never let him go. By this time he had started saying, “Mommy, you are choking me. My neck hurts”.
Then I said, “This is mommy’s hug. That would spell its magic and you would feel so fresh”.
I saw a smile was making its way on his face. Then I landed few kisses on him and asked him to hug me tight in return.

A few moments later, he was all happy and merry. He jumped out of the bed with gleaming eyes and said, “Mommy, you were right. You really have magic hug. Where did you get it from?”
“It’s magic, every mom has it”, that's all I said

Research shows that hugging is extremely effective at healing sickness, disease, loneliness, depression, anxiety and stress. Hugs can boost the oxytocin level, which heals loneliness, isolation, and anger. Also the more you give, the more you get it back J

My weekend started with giving a magic hug and I want to end it by giving a magic hug as well.
So here is a big magic hug to all my favorite peeps out there.



5 comments: