Sunday, January 5, 2014

Bang Bang Shrimp in a Rocketship with Harry Potter

What a great weekend it was! Spent loads of quality time with family, that I have been missing for last few weekends since so much (sickness and holidays) was going on.

Friday started with bang. I mean Bang bang Shrimp of Bonefish Grill. Love it. Tender crispy shrimps with spicy sauce, oh, how much I missed it!

Saturday morning started off great. After the breakfast, we decided to sit and enjoy some art work. My four year old decided and immediately announced, “Mom, I am drawing rocketship”.
I added to his announcement, “I will too”.
Then I looked at my nine year old, she didn't want to join our crew. So I left her alone with what she wanted to do.
I gave paper and markers to my little one to get him started. By the time I collected material that I wanted to use for drawing, he was already done with one drawing.
To give momma company (because I was not done yet), he decided to continue drawing. So he drew not 1, not 2...but 8 spaceships. Sometimes he surprises me by exhibiting loads of patience and at other times by testing my patienceJ.
First picture in the list is the one that he drew as his first drawing of this weekend. My daughter thought this looked like grizzly bear. 


Second one is my version of rocketship. She thought this one looked amazing-wazing.

Sunday ended with Harry Potter’s 7th movie Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows –Part 1
As my daughter finishes reading a particular book in Harry Potter series, we watch the corresponding movie. Yesterday, she finished her last book. She was so excited. We watched the first part of the deathly hallows movie today. Can’t wait to watch the second part tomorrow. 
Really an awesome weekend - bang bang shrimp in a rocketship with Harry PotterJ. 
Couldn't sleep without writing about it......

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea to read the book then the corresponding movie i may use that idea. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rina you must try with your daughter. She would love it. The excitement to watch movie motivates them to read the book even more.

    ReplyDelete