Monday, December 30, 2013

My Mantra for Happiness

There is no one fixed formula for happiness. Rather there is unique mantra for each and everybody that one has to explore for oneself.

In past, many people have asked me how I stay so energetic and positive i.e., even after two kids and these many years of marriage. I don’t understand what two kids and marriage has to do with happiness, other than Husband eating your brain out and kids sucking your blood 24/7. Yeah!, sometimes they get on your nerves, don’t they J? Couple of my friends (from Grand Rapids) also said “We see genuine happiness in your eyes. How do you manage that?” I would always say, I don’t know.

Now when I ponder on it, I think, I do so by -
  • Counting my blessings. Positive things that my family and friends do for me almost every day.
  • Encouraging people around me for new things they want to do but scared or little nervous to do so.
  • Hugging and kissing (a lottt ;-)  ). I give loads of kisses and hugs to my kids, to the extent that daddy makes fun of it and kids start calling him, “you are jealous J”.
  • Crying. I cry out loud when I am sad L, all unhappiness then gets out through those tears.
  • Not thinking about things that are out of my control. Just let go of thoughts that are out of my control. I speak it out to my close family or friend, but I don’t ponder upon it much. It didn't come easily to me. But I kept practicing again and again. 
  • Lately de-cluttering any relationship that adds chaos to my life. This definitely was the harder one for me.


Everybody goes through ups and downs, everyone has positives and some negatives. I do too. Thinking about good things, excellent moments, wonderful friends and family, I feel blessed. In certain ways, I feel the hunger for more, for things that I don’t have; but at the same time for most of the part, I am content with what I have. Stay positive, be thankful, be compassionate and love people. There is no one fixed formula for happiness. Rather there is unique mantra for each and everybody that one has to explore for oneself. But feel free to start with mine to find your own.

2 comments:

  1. I agree that your blessed and there is a reason why you are you. You are simply sunshine for sure. The 1st time i met you i noticed that brightness in you. And i am so glad we met coz you have become one of my closest friends.

    I love the way you handle your emotions some people have a hard time just crying it out or even sharing that they have an issue or feel sad. Some people have an issue with even acknowledging something is wrong to their family or close friends. I appreciate you sharing your feelings and being so honest coz it's hard a lot of times. Stay Positive coz you motivates us when you are and share it. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks much for encouraging words girlfriend.

    ReplyDelete